Candidates who sat for the January 9, 2020 Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) recruitment examinations have asked the management of the Service to release the names of successful candidates and stop making them develop heart attack.
For instance, a Twitter user with the handle, @PrinceOyeB said he was one of the candidates that sat for the examination last year but has been kept in the dark as no further information has been gotten from the Service since then.
He said that the lack of communication was first adduced to the Covid-19 pandemic that ravaged the world in the early part of last year but according to him, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has mobilised greater number of corps members in each state than what the service intends to recruit across the nation.
He maintained that successful candidates are ready to abide by the rules of Covid-19, asking that the names be released and stop keeping applicants in the dark.
He added that anytime he sees a Twitter from Customs handle, his heart jumps into his mouth because he didn’t know what the Service is up to.
“Yes, I sat for the exam too
“After they shortlisted about 160,000 out of 800,000 plus who applied and the 160,000 were made to write CBT exams been (sic) set by JAMB.
“That was January 9, 2020 and till now. No single information in regard to it till now. Everything just went under the shadow.
“At first we thought it could be the pandemic (covid-19) but even NYSC has been mobilizing a larger number than what is to be involved in Nigeria customs service recruitment. They are to recruit only 3,200 officers all over Nigeria
“And it’s not even up to what NYSC take in one state
“People are ready to abide by any rules and take covid-19 test. They should release the names and stop keeping people in the dark and giving us heart attack each time they post or twit anything on their pages.
“Please if there is any way you can help the poor masses, we will be very glad… We want to post it till it gets to the top (presidency) and till they make a move on it,” he lamented.
When contacted through text message, the National Public Relations Officer of Customs, Deputy Comptroller (DC) Joseph Attah said that successful candidates would be invited for final screening anytime from now.
Attah, who did not state the time range said, “The successful candidates will be invited for final screening any moment.”